8/14/07

New To Stock Photography


Not too recently I have been interested in shooting stock photography. I found a nice website, iStockphoto (part of GettyImages) to start building up my account. I gave stock a try with this image.


The Sun Kiss, by Tuan

It has gotten over 125 downloads. To my surprised there is a demand for this regular (of course with a little of my own touch) photograph, it still brings attention to the buyer. My only concern is not knowing how it is used, or where it is used in the world. I have yet to see the result.

Of course this is a baby step into stock photography. My goal is to join GettyImage. From what I understand there are two ways...

To me, I use stock to spreads my work internationally, while it is also an excuse for me to never stop shooting. Currently I am shooting for; Magazines, Private Client, Models Portfolio, Small Businesses, and now adding onto the list, Stock.

0 comments: